I previously posted a healthy, whole wheat, peanut butter banana bread recipe. Today’s recipe is none of those things. This is your classically delicious, not-so-healthy banana bread recipe.
I use honey in this recipe, which caramelizes as the bread bakes and gives a delicious somewhat caramelly flavor to the final product. Along with the bananas and eggs, the honey also contributes to the amazing moistness of this bread. I also use all brown sugar in this bread to amp up the flavor.
As I’ve said before, you should be careful not to overmix the batter to avoid a tough-textured bread. Mix until the batter just comes together.
This bread won’t last long, I can promise you that. You can add any add-ins you’d like, such as nuts or chocolate chips. As for me, I like my banana bread classically simple. I hope you enjoy this bread as much as I do!
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a mixer, cream the sugar and butter.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add in the mashed bananas and the honey.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out with a few crumbs and no batter.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan.
This bread tastes even better the next day, as the flavors mature, so if you can control yourself, try saving some for tomorrow!
Click here to print this recipe!