Chocolate. Peanut butter. Crumbly, buttery shortbread crust. Need I say more? Oh! And they’re incredibly easy to make.
I love bars because you can just bake them in one big chunk and then cut them once they’re baked!
When I said these were easy, I meant it. Plus, they only call for 5 ingredients! All you have to do is bake the shortbread crust, melt the peanut butter and chocolate, spread it over the top of the shortbread, and voila! Chocolate peanut butter shortbread bars.
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups (187g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (very soft)
- 1/3 cup sugar
For the topping:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8×8 or 9×9 square pan with nonstick spray.
- To make the crust, combine the flour, butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix with the paddle attachment until a uniform shortbread dough forms.
- Press the dough into the pan evenly.
- Bake the crust for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the edges of the shortbread begins to brown.
- Allow the shortbread crust to cool in the pan.
- Meanwhile, to make the topping, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter together by microwaving in 30 second increments. Be careful not to burn the chocolate!
- Once melted, spread the chocolate-peanut butter mixture over the cooled shortbread crust.
- Place in the fridge for at least an hour, or until topping is set.
- Remove from fridge once set and cut into 16 bars.
- Store at room temperature or in the fridge.
Enjoy this easy and delicious dessert!
Click here to print this recipe!