I’m just gonna come right out and say it: these are SO good. Plus, they’re even easier than cookies since you just bake them all in one big square!
I’ll take that piece, please.
So for those of you who aren’t familiar with blondies, they’re basically like vanilla/chocolate chip brownies. But I feel like that definition doesn’t do them justice because, as I said, they’re just SO SO good.
As per usual, brown butter works its delicious, salty-sweet magic in these blondies. And you don’t even have to wait for it to harden back up! You don’t even need a stand or hand mixer to make these–just two bowls and a whisk! Plus an 8×8 pan and the ingredients of course.
Here we go, the simple path to deliciousness!
- 1/2 cup browned butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 pan with aluminum foil.
- Place the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until the butter shows its first sign of turning brown, which should take around 7 minutes, and then immediately remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the browned butter and brown sugar until combined.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla to the butter and sugar.
- Carefully fold in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly into the lined pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few crumbs and no batter.
- Allow to cool in the pan before cutting.
Enjoy your amazing creation!!!
Click here to print this recipe!