Guys, I’m gonna be honest. I typically can’t allow myself to have candied nuts in the house. They’re too good. They just MAKE me eat them. Seriously.
But I did away with my rules to create this recipe. Because why shouldn’t you all share in this deliciousness?!
Mmmm, just look at that crunchy brown sugar coating.
This recipe is so incredibly SIMPLE! And to all you gluten-free people out there: this one’s for you! And everyone else! You can use these babies as garnish for a salad or other dessert, grab a handful as a snack, or give them as a thoughtful gift during the holiday season! Really, I recommend giving them as gifts or you’ll find yourself munching on them whenever you can!
I’m betting you already have all the ingredients you need right in your pantry. Brown sugar, cinnamon, egg white and water. That’s all you need to coat these almonds in shells of deliciousness!
Be sure to stir the nuts around a couple of times as they bake, so that they don’t stick to each other and bake into one big candied almond–though, now I mention it, that sounds pretty darn good!
There’s only about 5 minutes of hands-on work with this recipe! And the outcome is so impressive!
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 tsp water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg white and water together until bubbles appear.
- Pour the egg white mixture over the almonds and stir to coat all the almonds.
- In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour the cinnamon sugar mixture over the coated almonds and stir to coat evenly.
- Spread the almonds evenly across the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the almonds and coating have a crunchy texture, stirring the almonds around a few times while they bake (every 15 minutes or so).
Click here to print this recipe!